Leaders in Software and Art was founded in 2009 to bring together the community of software and electronic artists, creative coders, data visualists, curators, collectors, digital and interactive agencies, and others who make their careers at the intersection of art and technology. They hold an exclusive monthly speakers series and cocktail party, and just had their daylong conference, LISA2012, at the Guggenheim in the fall.
[image by Scott Draves and the Electric Sheep]
LiSA: Leaders in Software And Art
Tuesday, Feb 12, 6:30 to 9:30
Harvestworks – www.harvestworks.org
596 Broadway, #602 | New York, NY 10012 | Phone: 212-431-1130
Subway: F/M/D/B Broadway/Lafayette, R Prince, 6 Bleeker
Join Leaders in “Software And Art” for wine and hors d’oeuvres and hear 15-minute presentations from Michelle Jaffe http://www.michellejaffearts.com/ (Harvestworks Certificate Program 2002), Joshua Davis http://www.joshuadavis.com/, and two other speakers TBD.
Leaders in Software and Art (LISA, @softwareandart) is a society of creative thinkers centered around monthly salons. Founded by Isabel Walcott Draves in fall of 2009, LISA is a membership organization with the following aims:
- To join interesting people together for fellowship, camaraderie and good food and drink
- To introduce the membership to fascinating endeavors
- To become the first stop for the best new art in the world
- To advance the artistic and/or technology careers of its members
- To help creative software entrepreneurs grow their businesses
Who is part of LISA?
- software artists and digital artists
- fashion designers, dancers, musicians, jewelry designers who enjoy technology
- avid patrons of music and the arts
- curators, gallerists, conference producers, retailers, and other promoters of artistic and technological endeavors
- software professionals and technology entrepreneurs
- professionals in the field of digital art, collectors interested in digital/electronic art and other art
- nonprofit arts entrepreneurs